Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thoughts from Weekend Runs

Saturday's 4.5:
  • Oops! Forgot to lotion my legs.
  • They really should put a sidewalk on this side of the street. This grass is gross.
  • I wonder what they do at this particular Dell building.
  • How many uses are there for a tape measure? Apparently not enough for this one on the sidewalk.
  • What makes white cows white?
  • Oh boy, I hope those birds don't poop on me, although it is supposed to be good luck...
  • If I had a backyard, I would maintain it...probably.
  • Sometimes, I wanna run forever...
Sunday's 7:
  • Must look cool, must look cool, must look cool...
  • I bet this water bottle is making a lot of noise. Blissfully, my iPod prevents me from noticing.
  • Less strollers, please!
  • I always forget how nice the view is under MoPac.
  • Rowing? Perhaps.
  • Why can't I be turning around at this bridge? Or this one? Or this one?
  • Hills suck.
  • Hey dude, there's a door on that bathroom...
  • So that's what GU tastes like!?! Very...gooey.
  • When's it gonna kick in?
  • There it goes! Whoosh...
  • My knee does NOT like this downhill.
  • Wow, Mozart's Requiem sounds great whilst running under a canopy of bare trees. LOVE IT!
  • Wet dogs wet dogs wet dogs
  • Yo, Rottweiler...
  • Sometimes, I just can't run forever, but, man, that GU may have changed my life...
Other than running (and thinking), I baked up a mad storm this weekend. I made Red Velvet Shortbread Cookies twice, and Triple-Chocolate Cookies (America's Test Kitchen) once. Not all for myself, but for different occasions. I may or may not also may have ingested quite a bit of cookie dough and white chocolate in the process, but that's an occupational hazard. I'm normally not a baker (just a cook-er), so it's been kinda fun having my apartment smell like sweet delicious goodness. Tomorrow will be a rest day (from running--sadly, not from work), then back to it on Tuesday. On Tuesday or Wednesday I'll be going to my parents' house, so I'll get to enjoy the flatter terrain...and cope with humidity (oh South Texas). There's allegedly another cold front on the way, so that should be nice. I'm really enjoying this whole "winter" thing we're having this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment