Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spectator-ing, and Muzak

Last weekend was the first in a month that I didn't do a race.  However, I still went to watch one (I can't stay away!).  A couple of friends competed in the Muddy Buddy race on Sunday, which is a 5 mile-ish duathlon/obstacle course/good-excuse-to-get-covered-in-mud-from-head-to-toe race.  My friend actually asked me to team up with her many months ago, but I turned her down--the mud just didn't sound that appealing to me at the time, and I can't remember the last time I rode a bike.  However, watching everyone have so much fun (minus the finish-line pukers--I don't think they were enjoying the morning), I may have changed my opinion.  Perhaps I'll try it next year.

Here's the first male team:

They held hands across the finish line. Absolutely. Adorable. Especially since they were manly-looking men.

And the first female team:

 Also adorable!

There were also lots of couples, who were adorable. Adorable-ness all around! :-p I didn't get a picture of my friends (I had to leave and go to work and they started in a later wave), but they finished and sounded like they had a lot of fun, so hooray for them!

*********************
In case anyone was wondering (you know you were), here's some of my fave running tunes:
  1. On to the Next One by Jay-Z
  2. Boys Boys Boys by Lady Gaga
  3. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson
  4. Video Phone by Beyonce feat. Lady Gaga
  5. Telephone by Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce
  6. 3 by Britney Spears
  7. Like a Boy by Ciara
  8. Do I Do by Stevie Wonder
  9. All I Do is Win by DJ Khaled
  10. Rockstar by Rihanna feat. Slash
  11. Drop the World by Lil Wayne feat. Eminem
  12. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga (gotta love the Gaga!)
  13. Helena by My Chemical Romance
  14. Freak on a Leash by Korn
  15. Brick by Boring Brick by Paramore
  16. Bedrock by Young Money
  17. Over by Drake
  18. Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf
  19. Drop It Low by Ester Dean feat. Chris Brown
  20. Do It Again by The Fire and Reason
You can see my affinity for hip-hop and heavy bass lines.  And Lady Gaga. ;) 

What tunes keep you going, if any?

1 comment:

  1. i so respect anyone who can learn to run, and actually enjoy it. AND live to tell about it. i hate running so much. I've tried to trick myself into loving it, "it feels so good to run free!! what a nice fresh airy day!" usually, i tell my self to shut it and walk my booty on home. go you!!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete