Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sprrring!

So, I've come up with a little idea for myself this spring: a-race-a-month, or at-least-one-race-a-month. Just to give me something to occupy my running self (and myself, in general). Here's what I've got lined up so far:

1/24/2010: 3M Half-Marathon (done)
2/14/2010: Paramount Break-A-Leg 5K (done)
3/??/2010: ???
4/11/2010: Statesman Cap 10K
4/24/2010: Texas Round-Up 10K
5/2/2010: Schlotzsky's Bun Run 5K
6/5/2010: Taco Shack Freddie Frijole Fun Run 5K*
6/6/2010: Austin Bat Run 5K*
*the last two will be either/or--I doubt I'll do both.

I'm doing two 10Ks in April because for one (Cap 10K), I won't be really running up to speed--I'm doing it with some friends who are beginner runners and we'll probably be doing more walking than running. Thus, the Texas Round-Up 10K, which I'll probably be doing alone (and at my own speed).

I'm still trying to decide on a March race. Right now, it's a toss-up between the Trail Setter 5K (3/7/2010) and the Austin Runners Club Daisy 5K (3/27/2010). The latter is geared towards moms and families, but I'm sure they'll accept a single lady. :-p Part of me wants to do the SARR Prickly Pear 10M Trail Run in San Antonio (3/13/2010). I've never done a trail run (though I've run on trails, at Lady Bird Lake), and I haven't run longer than 6 miles since 3M, but I still think it might be fun. And it's the first weekend of spring break, so I don't think I'd have to work that Saturday. Maybe I can convince my dad to do it with me. I should probably decide soon...or maybe someone can help me decide. Any suggestions?

Not sure what will happen after early June--don't know if I'll feel like racing in the nasty hotness that is summer in central Texas. Especially if it's anything like last summer (consistent 105s, anyone?). We'll see.

If I stick to my runs for today and tomorrow, I should be at 18 for the week. Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing, lady! Congrats! (I'm still plugging away on the stairclimber for 25 minutes a day ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ma'am! Nothing wrong with that stairclimber. ;)

    ReplyDelete